Terms and Conditions of Hire
1. Check in time on day of arrival will usually correspond with your travel arrangments. We can have the accommodation ready from 7am onward if you are arriving by Northlink boat. Later if you are flying. You will be given a unique access code which will be set for your stay. This code is for the key to the apartment and will be given to you before your arrival so you can check in when convenient for you.
Access to the KELDA CHALET will be arranged directly with Mr Scott depending on each individual booking and arrival time into Unst.
2.Check out time on day of departure is at 11.00am, however we are happy to arrange a later check out if we can, we charge £10 per extra per hour over. Latest checkout is 1600. This must be prearranged at time of booking.
4.Cancellations, please note that once a booking has been confirmed, you are liable for the whole cost of the holiday. However we will, in any event, endeavour to re-let the property and if successful, we will make a refund to the value of the re-let period, less a 10% administration charge. Accordingly, it is important that cancellations are intimated to us by telephone followed by immediate written confirmation. For this reason we highly recommend that you take out travel insurance to cover every eventuality.
5. Your booking must be paid in full 6 weeks prior to the commencement of your stay. If payment is not received within the 6 weeks (unless otherwise arranged) then the lessor may treat the booking as cancelled.
6. If the booking is made within 6 weeks of the commencement of your stay, payment in full is required at the time of booking.
7. You agree that, in the event of cancellation, while all reasonable efforts will be made by the lessor to re-let, that you will be responsible for 100% of the period of tenancy booked if a suitable cannot be found.
8. The Hirer shall ensure that the standard of cleanliness is as high on their departure as on arrival. All used beds must be stripped before departure and laundry ready for collection. A surcharge of £50 will be levied if this condition is not observed. Any damages must be reported immediately and may be charged. We have the right to charge you for any unreported damages found after your stay.
9. The Hirer shall not sub-let the premises or any part thereof.
10. The number of people occupying the premises shall not exceed 5 (five)
11. The Hirer binds and obliges himself to vacate the hired premises without demand at the termination of the period of hire.
12. The Hirer binds and obliges to pay the Lessor in respect of any loss or damage beyond fair wear and tear.
13. The Hirer shall undertake to prevent any member of his party from causing a nuisance or disturbance to enamouring residents or occupiers.
14. The Hirer undertakes to relieve the hired premises secure if left unoccupied during the period of let.
15. We reserve the right of entry to the property at all reasonable times for the purposes of inspection or to carry out repairs or maintenance
16. Pets (maximum 2 dogs) - £20 charge for up to 2 dogs per booking.
17. Lost Key Charge - £20 (each lost)
18. Smoking in any of the properties is strictly prohibited. Do your Puffin outside please.